POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MIKA Diamonds - 3 attachments : Re: MIKA Diamonds - 3 attachments Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MIKA Diamonds - 3 attachments
From: Rob Hoopman
Date: 7 Sep 2002 15:12:19
Message: <3d7a4f93$1@news.povray.org>
Marc Champagne wrote:
> Rob Hoopman <rob### [at] tunanl> wrote in news:3d7a448a@news.povray.org:

<snip>

> I also googled quite a bit and coperniced also (to learn the art
> of diamond cutting).
>
> I'm getting close to my goal and all input is appreciated, thanks.

In that case:

http://www.gemology.ru/3dbook/eng/crypted/dif.html
seems like really detailed reflection data on diamonds, I wanted to use
this, but apart from the 17% value that could I took from the graph,
adjusting the exponent in an attempt to match this graph resulted in
worse results.

Another page with some info also refers to the 17% value:

http://www.christian-bernard.com/diamonds/brildef.htm
little tidbits about a number of optical properties of diamonds.

Rob